Find SAP Materials
- Training material
- Language: English
- Solution: SNP
- Software Version: SCM 3.x to SCM 7.x
- Length: 49 pages
- Format: pdf
- Published On: 2011-07-09
SNP, Deployment Heuristic, Deployment Customizing, ATD Categories, ATD Receipt, ATD Issues, Available to Deploy, Deployment Horizons, “Push Distribution” Rules, Fair Share Rules, /SAPAPO/SNP02, Deployment examples, Deployment issues
In this training, you will find a detailed description about the Deployment process in Supply Network Planning. All the settings to run a deployment are indicated, and the different parameters are explained. For the most important parameters, push distribution parameters and fair share rules, 18 examples of different cases provide clear insight on how these work.
- Deployment process concept
- Types of deployments
- Deployment Heuristics settings:
a. ATD Categories
b. Deployment Horizons
c. “Push Distribution” Rules
d. Fair Share Rules
- Examples for all push distribution and fair share rules
- How to launch deployment?
- NOTE: SNP as input of TLB
- NOTE: Refresh when testing in interactive planning
SNP Deployment Heuristic – Detailed configuration - Presentation Preview Transcript
2. Types of Deployments 0 DEPLOYMENT HEURISTIC o The deployment heuristic creates a distribution plan for one product at one location. 0 If there is more supply than is necessary to meet demands, the system uses push rules to determine the distribution plan. 0 However, if the available quantities are insufficient to fulfill the demand, the system uses fair share rules to determine the distribution plan. 0 Fair share and push rules are defined in the SNP deployment profile and are described in details in the next slides. 3. Deployment Heuristic Settings _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ __ © 0 Available to Deploy (ATD) Quantities: o “ATD Receipts” and “ATD Issues” control the Available to Deploy (ATD) Quantity considered by the deployment calculations: x ATD Receipt: order types considered as available to be deployed (stock, production...) It ATD Issues: order types reducing ATD Quantity as already counted as « Issues » (STOs, sales orders, forecast). 0 These Quantities are group of categories = order types (stock, production orders, planned orders, forecast...) 3. Deployment Heuristic Settings _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ __ © 0 Available to Deploy (ATD) Quantities: o ATD category groups are defined in the customizing for SNP (under Basic Settings —> Maintain Cateqoru - - .. ii. - Groups) ::l=( View Category Groups . Overview . Display IMG ’ [Dialog Structure ‘ - ] l Existing so sets ||
Very nice overview of the deployment process. There are many examples, but I would have enjoyed a few more still. If you have time at some point to improve it it would be interesting.
Would also have enjoyed to have some hints about the TLB process... do you think you could provide this in another training?
Very nice doc, thanks
As Mr Kenneth I am still interested in extra information on the subject though ;)